Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Black Friday Shopping: Local vs. State-side

In today's Windsor Star, they ran a poll asking whether Windsorites will be shopping locally or going stateside on Black Friday, which is November 23.  It's called Black Friday because that is when retailers expect to sell enough merchandise to put their business "in the black".  Some merchants count heavily on this day for their survival.

Personally, I would shop in Windsor as I always do.  I like getting to know the retailers and putting my money back into my community.  It surprised me however, to see such a large number of the pollsters opting to take their money across the border.  Of the 46 who voted,  over 41 per cent selected shopping in the U.S.  Of the people I know personally who shop in Michigan, the reasons vary from cheaper goods to bigger selection.  I suppose it depends on what you want and how selective you are with the quality of the goods.

If you were to answer the question,  "Are you going to shop here of go to the U.S. for Black Friday?", what would your answer be and what are the reasons behind your answer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributing Writers

Coming soon ...