Monday, June 15, 2015

Ticks and Lyme Disease - A Growing Concern Across Canada



Lyme-carrying ticks are now found in almost all Canadian provinces.  At one time, they were only found in Ontario.  They were once limited to areas along the U.S. Border in Southern Ontario such as, Point Pelee and Fort Erie.  Now, the organisms can be found everywhere along the border.

Medical professionals are becoming more worried about the spread of the disease and feel there are so many more at-risk Canadians.  Read more ...







Symptoms of Lyme disease:

If you suspect that you may have been in contact with a Lyme-carrying tick, seek medical help right away.  Tips on avoiding the possibility of contracting the disease include, staying out of areas that ticks thrive in.  Check yourself and your pets thoroughly if you have been in any of these areas.

Read more ...


This Is What Lyme Disease Feels Like

Personal story by Molly Napolitano

It's a beautiful day -- stunning actually -- but I've been lying in bed since one in the afternoon. I's now almost six and I've wasted yet another day thanks to Lyme disease.
In the last week, my joint pain has been getting worse and worse. Today, it feels like I've been hit by a truck. Every muscle hurts to touch. My hair started falling out in the shower. Most joints in my body are extremely painful. It hurts to open my hands or bend my elbows. It hurts to stand up because my right forefoot screams out in agony. My right knee, both hips and my neck are joining in on the fun. I have a horrible headache, but none of these pains are the worst of it.
I feel like the life has been literally sucked right out of me. The fatigue is overwhelming. I'm so tired that my eyelids struggle staying open --

Read more ...

Written By: Mike Crawford

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributing Writers

Coming soon ...