Sunday, May 19, 2013

June 1st Fundraiser for Rescue dogs organizations.

It was just a short time ago now when my partner and I were sitting in the office pondering what we could do different to help enhance our business as well as give back to some group or charity that has been a part of our lives. We had a few great ideas but as a new business most of those ideas would have to wait a little while longer until we were more established. It was on that day that I sat down at my place and looked at my beautiful Black Lab. A light bulb went on. The ...next day I got over to the office and sat down with my partner after being greeted by her two Jack Russels. I explained to her how Scooter my Lab was rescued and through https://www.facebook.com/advocatesfortheunderdog?fref=ts I was able to have this great pet :)

The wheels started to spin and we decided then that we would try to help out this great group at AFTU. We put together a plan where we would do simple photo sessions and then donate all of the proceeds to AFTU as a kind of thank-you for all of the hard work that the group does in the dog rescue field. We wanted to give back some of the love we have for pets. Next thing you know my partner and I are selecting a date that would work for us, and I started a communication with Natalie the founder of AFTU.

It wasn't to much longer than that and we had our EVENT in the works. A photo session to help rescue dogs. Our gesture soon grew to include Max's Dog Sanctuary.

Now the two groups are also running a garage sale on that day. A lot of things grew out of this idea and we are so extremely pleased with how one small thought grew into so much. If you love animals, and if you would like to help out, please check out our event page at
https://www.facebook.com/events/513427035388932/ and browse around. LIKE and SHARE our page and help us make this small vision we had only a short time ago into something huge for these two wonderful groups.
So come on people, book a photo session with us at info@shot-in-thedark.ca and not only will you receive a collection of portraits as a lasting memory of your pets, you will also be helping out two fantastic groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributing Writers

Coming soon ...